Dont worry, Im a ......
BELOW ARE SOME GENUINE EXAMPLES OF NOTES FOUND IN PATIENTS CHARTS.
1. She has no rigors or shaking chills but her husband states she was very hot in bed last night.
2. Patient has chest pain if she lies on her left side for over a year.
3. On the second day the knee was better and on the third day it disappeared.
4. The patient is tearful and crying constantly. She also appears to be depressed.
5. The patient has been depressed since she began seeing me in 1993.
6. Discharge status: Alive but without my permission.
7. Healthy appearing decrepit 69 year-old male mentally alert but forgetful.
8. The patient refused autopsy.
9. The patient has no previous history of suicides.
10. Patient has left white blood cells at another hospital.
11. Patients medical history has been remarkably insignificant with only a 40 pound weight gain in the past three days.
12. Patient had waffles for breakfast and anorexia for lunch.
13. Between you and me we ought to be able to get this lady pregnant.
14. Since she cant get pregnant with her husband I thought you might like to work her up.
15. She is numb from her toes down.
16. While in ER she was examined x-rated and sent home.
17. The skin was moist and dry.
18. Occasional constant infrequent headaches.
19. Patient was alert and unresponsive.
20. Rectal examination revealed a normal size thyroid.
21. She stated that she had been constipated for most of her life until she got a divorce.
22. I saw your patient today who is still under our car for physical therapy.
23. Both breasts are equal and reactive to light and accommodation.
24. Examination of genitalia reveals that patient is circus sized.
25. The lab test indicated abnormal lover function.
26. The patient was to have a bowel resection. However he took a job as a stockbroker instead.
27. Skin: somewhat pale but present.
28. The pelvic exam will be done later on the floor.
29. Patient was seen in consultation by Dr. ********* who felt we should sit on the abdomen and I agree.
30. Large brown stool ambulating in the hall.
31. Patient has two teenage children but no other abnormalities.
32. Patient is a builder who injured lower back while laying slags.
If you have been struck off because of silly little mistakes like the above, or know of anything similar, send them to:
PALMER & SOMERS @ THE SITE FOR SORE EYES
Please send contributions as ordinary e-mail. Or, send any attachments as plain '.txt' files.
REACH PALMER ON PROZAC, SOMERS ON SERTRALINE BY CLICKING HERE